Pre-requisites: Participants must have completed
- SSCB Safeguarding Foundation Module 1 and 2
Target Group: The course is aimed at practitioners and managers in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
Course Aim: This course will give participants greater confidence and skills to effectively challenge professionals and practice within their agency and others, in order to safeguard children and young people.
Learning Outcomes: By the end of the course participants will
- Understand what we mean by professional challenge and how it can contribute, when used appropriately, to safeguard children and young people.
- Understand that this is a professional responsibility
- Explore the concept of ‘professional curiosity’.
- Consider situations when it might be appropriate to challenge decisions, practice or actions which might not effectively ensure the safety or wellbeing of a child or young person.
- Challenge the rule of optimism and develop practitioner confidence when working in partnership with families and professionals.
- Develop an awareness of the Inter-Agency Escalation Policy and Procedure.
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.