The Dynamic Management of Neglect
Participants must have completed:
SSCB Safeguarding Foundation Modules 1 and 2
Target Group: The course is aimed at practitioners and managers in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
Course Aim: To enable practitioners to modify abusive and neglectful parenting with the emphasis on neglect and how to work with parents to promote health, development and well-being of children and young people
By the end of the course participants will understand how:
- Abusive and neglectful parenting affects children’s development, emotional and physical development
- To modifying neglectful parenting by learning about the link between parental stress and abusive and neglectful parenting
- To help parents cope with negative perceptions of their children
- To promote health development and well-being of children and young people
- To ensuring safety and preventing harm in the home and ensure parents provide good quality care.
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.
Click here to book your place.